Join the Women for Women International March of Peace
5th – 12th July 2013
Commemorating the victims of the 1995 genocide in Srebrenica, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Join us for a 120 km route through Bosnia and Herzegovina to Srebrenica, to commemorate the victims of the 1995 genocide.
- The route is the exact route followed by the refugees of the war as they tried to escape the massacre and over the years has attracted participants from all over the world.
- Participants do not need to be experienced trekkers but are encouraged to prepare for a daily walk of up to 40km per day and to have a moderate level of fitness.
- Have a chance to meet the widows and daughters of the war and hear their stories
- See the impact of Women for Women International’s work in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
- The trip costs £2,000 per participant, excluding flights. Each member of the team is also asked to commit to fundraising a minimum of £3,000 for our programme in Bosnia and Herzegovina. All fundraising will go directly towards helping women survivors of the Bosnian War rebuild their lives.
If you are interested in joining us for the March of Peace in 2013 or would like to find out more, please email Izzy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 922 7765.
Join the Women for Women International Trek to Everest Base Camp
5th– 20th October 2013
- In October 2013, Women for Women International supporters will embark on our third trek to Everest Base Camp (5,300 meters)
- The trek is a really exciting opportunity to join a small group of trekkers for a truly personal and exclusive experience which raises vital funds for the women we work with in eight war-torn countries.
- This magical expedition through the Khumbu Valley and amongst the Himalayan giants will take you to the foot of the highest mountain in the world, known as Goddess Mother of Earth by the local Sherpa community, whose warm hospitality you will experience first hand.
- The trip costs £2,000 per participant, excluding flights. Each member of the team is also asked to commit to fundraising a minimum of £5,000. Your fundraising will help women affected by war take fundamental steps to overcome the trauma of conflict and rebuild their lives.
If you are interested in participating in the 2013 Everest trek or would like to find out more, please contact Dani at email@example.com. or call 0207 922 7765.